Travel Tips for Your Vacation
- Plan on using your cell phone? Contact your cell phone company before you go to make sure your plan covers your destination. No one wants a huge cell phone bill when you return!
- Credit Cards contact your company and let them know the dates, and also if you take Discover it is not widely accepted. Be sure you have the contact numbers to cancel your card if you misplace it. Even leaving a copy of your card with a family member is good.
- Passport, PLEASE take it!! Even if you have insurance and forget your passport and are denied boarding your insurance does not help. Also leave a copy of your passport with a family member.
- Oh if you have a new passport please sign it before you go or they will make you provide another form of ID, we had 6 new ones and they were not signed!!! Opps!!!
- Going to an All Inclusive for 4-5 days, then take some tip money, I go to the bank and order $50 in ones and get some 5’s also. The servers and maids work really hard so I try to tip the maid a few dollars every other day, drinks I give a dollar but not every time, breakfast I leave a dollar or two, same for lunch, and for supper if we are at an a la carte I usually leave $5. Keep in mind I do tip for excellent service also, and if the resort is full I keep that in mind.
- Pack all meds in carryon, unless they are over 3oz and not a prescription, call me if you have concerns. You may take insulin on the plane also.
- Over 3oz put in your checked baggage in a Ziploc bag
- Baggage fees- all airlines have different rules so be sure to check with your airline so you are aware of charges.
- If you are traveling to a beach destination you might want to pack those water shoes.
- Arrive 2-3 hours before your flight; allow for bad weather and long security lines.
- Have all of your Documents ready to go, that is why I give you the green bag, return passports as soon as you are done!
If you are going to a resort in a warm weather destination such as Mexico, please read the following.
MEET WITH YOUR REPRESENTATIVE AS YOU NEED TO SCHEDULE YOUR RETURN SHUTTLE AND BE ON TIME FOR SHUTTLE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT WILL NOT REIMBURSE YOU FOR A TAXI BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO SCHEDULE OR YOU NEEDED ONE LAST DRINK.
Traveling to most destinations, unless you are told you can drink the tap water, use bottled to brush teeth and coffee!